Spell checker not working

Kev

Spell checker not working

Post by Kev »

The spell checker doesn't work properly. I have followed the advice of other posts; ie I have gone to Options/Language to check that English is chosen, and I have reinstalled the program. Whenever I reinstall or repair, it works fine until I close the program and restart it. Every time, until I do a repair, the spell checker does nothing - it always says that no spelling errors were found, even though I have deliberate errors in the document.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Spell checker not working

Post by sven-l »

Please select the text, then right mouse click on it and chose "Character" from the context menu. Is the correct language or "Default" selected?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Kev

Post by Kev »

Yes, it is, but since my last post I haven't found this happening! I'll see how it goes. I guess I'm just used to document editors' spell checkers simply working without having to do anything.
ruenoak

Post by ruenoak »

Hi I had a similar issue with spell checker not working, what I did is download my dictionary from the FreeOffice site here: https://www.freeoffice.com/en/support/dictionaries
then went in Text I went to Options - language - Hunspell and added the dictionary then selected it from the list.
My language is New Zealand English.
One thing I noticed was that the other dictionaries have the green tick and abc next to them but they are greyed out. Only the one I installed is active.
I'm using FreeOffice 2018 on Ubuntu 18.04, not sure if this is a Linux issue or just general.

After installing the dictionary Spell Checker works fine :D

Hope this helps.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”