Document Formats for Envelopes

Robin Holt

Document Formats for Envelopes

Post by Robin Holt »

There seems to be some pretty peculiar behavior when envelopes are saved in different formats. A standard #10 envelope saved in .tmd or .tmdx formats is saved correctly. If the same envelope is saved in .doc, .docx or .odt, Textmaker automatically adds a header and a footer, which frankly don't make much sense on an envelope. Is there a bug here or have I missed something?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Document Formats for Envelopes

Post by sven-l »

Please attache a sample file (in tmd or tmdx file format) or send one to forum(at)softmaker.com referring to this thread. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Robin Holt

Post by Robin Holt »

My apologies for not following up in a more timely fashion.

The attached file is an exemplar #10 envelope of the size and format used typically in the U.S. This file is in .tmd format and can be saved and retrieved without problems. The file was originally created using the envelope tool included in Textmaker.

If the file is saved in .tmdx format an unwanted header is automatically created.

If the file is saved in .doc or .docx formats, an unwanted header and unwanted footer are automatically created.

If the file is saved in .odt format, the contents disappear.

I'm currently running service pack 944.
Attachments
Test envelope 1.tmd
(14.43 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

I can confirm this issue with your sample file and will report it to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”