Renaming and deleting colors

jolugaju

Renaming and deleting colors

Post by jolugaju »

Hi!
I'm changing colors but there are two things I don't know how to do ...
I've read in the TextMaker Manual this:

====================
Deleting or renaming a color:
You can delete or rename user-defined colors at any time. To do this, invoke the colors dialog, select a color from the Color palette list, and click the Delete or Rename button.
====================
My questions ...
1) Where is the Delete button? I don't see it.
I have found a way to delete a color but it's strange. I set the color to 255, 255, 255 (White), then I click the Change button. I close the document and open it again. Success!
2) After I rename a color, I close the document, I open it again and the name is not there. I see "Color 24, Color 25 ..." again.
What should I do?

Greetings!
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Renaming and deleting colors

Post by sven-l »

1. We removed the delete function because it is not really possible to handle this without a lot of trouble. What should happen if a user defined color is still used in a document and you delete it? There will be no delete function anymore and I will tell the authors of the manual to fix the article.

2. In which file format did you save your file?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
jolugaju

Post by jolugaju »

Hi!

1. Okay! It makes sense.
2. I only use tmdx now. I'd like to use odt but I can't because as I mentioned in other posts I have problems with character styles in ODT format.

Thanks for the answer!
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

2. I will report this to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
nickpana

Post by nickpana »

sven-l wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:53 am 1. We removed the delete function because it is not really possible to handle this without a lot of trouble. What should happen if a user defined color is still used in a document and you delete it? There will be no delete function anymore and I will tell the authors of the manual to fix the article.

If I am able to delete specific colors I can't see the reason you did remove the delete function. Of course I will not delete the colors I use!!!

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”