Changes made not found, HELP!

krondan

Changes made not found, HELP!

Post by krondan »

Hi;

I've enable the auto-save option to save the document each 3 minutes. The frozen document was closed, because no response from program. When the document was opened again, any of the changes or added text wasn't found. Document show the last saved text on last June 25th. I've noticed that auto-save option shows 8 mins, but anyhow were are the changes previous to the last 8 minutes previous was closed. Any backup or recovery mode/file?

Thank You
Postma

Re: Changes made not found, HELP!

Post by Postma »

I cannot open Textdocument, giving a message that the file is in use adn i can open a copy. I cannot save a document , message disk full
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Postma wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:03 am I cannot open Textdocument, giving a message that the file is in use adn i can open a copy. I cannot save a document , message disk full
So can you at least open the copy? Please try to save in another folder (with write permissions) on the local hard disc. That should work.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

krondan wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:48 pm Hi;

I've enable the auto-save option to save the document each 3 minutes. The frozen document was closed, because no response from program. When the document was opened again, any of the changes or added text wasn't found. Document show the last saved text on last June 25th. I've noticed that auto-save option shows 8 mins, but anyhow were are the changes previous to the last 8 minutes previous was closed. Any backup or recovery mode/file?

Thank You
Please make sure that you have write permissions in the backup folder.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

sven-l wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:08 am
Postma wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:03 am I cannot open Textdocument, giving a message that the file is in use adn i can open a copy. I cannot save a document , message disk full
So can you at least open the copy? Please try to save in another folder (with write permissions) on the local hard disc. That should work.
You wrote via PM that it does not work. What exactly does not work? You cannot open the copy of the file or cannot save in another folder?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Postma

Post by Postma »

I try to open a folder with write permissions, but if you look at the properties it is still marked read only. The problem with the textdocomenets still persists - i cannot save the changes (I am on windows 10 home edition) Thanks for the promt reply
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

What is the exact folder path? Try to copy the files to another folder. Does that work?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”