Textmaker open files

Nikilet

Textmaker open files

Post by Nikilet »

I've got to be missing something so simple, but I can't have two textmaker files open at the same time. If I have one open, and then open another, it closes out the first one.

I was wanting to transfer some figures from one file to a new file and I found out I could not have the new and old files open side-by-side at the same time.

Can someone help, please?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Textmaker open files

Post by Jossi »

By default, TextMaker opens multiple documents in tabs in the same window. If you need two documents side by side, check the checkbox "New Program window" in the File > Open... dialogue box when opening the second document, then resize and arrange the two windows. When two or more documents are already open in tabs, you may also reduce the window size (if in full size or full screen mode), then draw a tab to the desktop with the mouse to create a second window.
Nikilet

Post by Nikilet »

I see the tabs now, but I don't find "New Program window? under file-open. Could you clarify for me?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Nikilet wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:43 pm I see the tabs now, but I don't find "New Program window? under file-open. Could you clarify for me?
I attached a screenshot of the option in the File=>Open dialog.
Attachments
screenshot.png
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
SidneyFMN

Post by SidneyFMN »

How can I enable the tabs? I can't find any where and Textmaker does not open the files in tabs.
SidneyFMN

Post by SidneyFMN »

Help please, I already reinstalled Freeoffice and I don't have tabs enabled and I don't have that option "New program window". How can I activate tabs?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Tabs are only available in the full version of SoftMaker Office, not in FreeOffice.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”