Dutch translation

NicoK

Dutch translation

Post by NicoK »

I am mainly using TextMaker 2018, not the other SoftMaker elements. I noticed that the translation into Dutch is not so good. Many English expressions are still present in interface and dialogs. That's why I use the English interface as being less annoying :D In version 2016 the Dutch interface was OK. Could this be fixed in an update of version 2018 - or could I be of help?
ecbritz

Re: Dutch translation

Post by ecbritz »

Have some sympathy for the translator. Some features or functions of a computer program were difficult to name in English, to start off. So a perfect translation into another language might be near impossible. Consider for instance Options > Appearance, where the term "Appearance" struggles to cover items such as "Dialog language" and "Beep on errors". The Dutch translation of "Appearance" to "Uiterlijk" worsens the dilemma. This word is not solely used as a noun, like "appearance". And it denotes concepts like "looks" (mijn uiterlijk = my looks) or "surface appearance"; it is an antonym for "innerlijk" (inner, internal). But what better word might be available in Dutch?
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”