Go to previous or next page

jolugaju

Go to previous or next page

Post by jolugaju »

Hello!

I have looked but I haven't found the shortcut to go to the previous or next page.
Alt + Page Up and Alt + Page Down doesn't work for me because what I want is to go to the previous or next phisical page not a screen portion of the page.
If the cursor is in page 3 I want a shortcut to go to page 4 and then to page 5 ...

Thanks in advace!
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Go to previous or next page

Post by sven-l »

You could use to "Go to..." dialog (Ctrl+G).
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
jolugaju

Post by jolugaju »

That works but it's not what I want at all, a very fast way to go from page to page.
So it seems there's no shortcut for that.

This posibility would be nice for a future version of TextMaker.

Thanks for your answer!
:)
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Press F5 to open the Go to dialog, use Previous and Next to switch from page to page. I think that's pretty fast.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
jolugaju

Post by jolugaju »

You're right but:
1) I have to use a shortcut to open a Dialog
2) I have to use the mouse to click 2 buttons
3) I have to see a dialog window while I'm doing all these things

That's very, very different from using just a shortcut.

Thanks for the answer anyway!
DavidKR

Post by DavidKR »

My apologies for responding to a 4-year-old topic. I'm new to SoftMaker, specifically TextMaker. I think I will find it useful. But I also would like a keyboard shortcut to go quickly to the next or previous page. In other software this is commonly "Ctrl+PageDown" / "Ctrl+PageUp". I've been working with the customization dialog, and have at least got it to stop going to the next or previous find with these shortcuts. But there seems to be no command for "go to top of next page" or "go to top of previous page." Therefore I can't attach a shortcut to such a command.

I realize that TextMaker is intended to reflect MS Word closely, and I suppose that for people used to Word, both its capabilities and its inconveniences, it makes sense to reproduce even the inconveniences. I'm new here, though, and perhaps I'm just missing something. Does anyone know how to create such a shortcut?

Many thanks!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post, but currently we don't have this feature. I have forwarded this to our product management...
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

For the meantime I have another suggestion, even if it is not a shortcut:
You can use the buttons of the vertical scrollbar. Click on the red button and select "Page" on the top of the red buttons menu. Once selected, you can jump to the next/previous page with the up/down arrow buttons in the scrollbar.
It's a really fast way.

You can find this information more detailed in the Online help.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

stascheit wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:38 pm For the meantime I have another suggestion, even if it is not a shortcut:
You can use the buttons of the vertical scrollbar. Click on the red button and select "Page" on the top of the red buttons menu. Once selected, you can jump to the next/previous page with the up/down arrow buttons in the scrollbar.
It's a really fast way.

That would be really fast ... if it worked. I just tested it using TextMaker 2021 and it does not work as you described.
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

@ Woody44
If you mean via the "Go to" dialog: Yes, you are right, here "Previous" and "Next" do not work properly.
I have contacted the developers about this problem.

But the description for the red button and the up/down buttons should work (in 2018 and 2021).
Attachments
Goto page.gif
DavidKR

Post by DavidKR »

stascheit wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:38 pm For the meantime I have another suggestion, even if it is not a shortcut:
It's a really fast way.

Thanks very much, that is quite helpful! It does work for me, although those arrow buttons are extraordinarily small. Best of all, once the choice is made in the red-button menu, it persists from one TextMaker session to the next, so that the function is always available. I generally prefer keyboard shortcuts to mouse clicks, but this will certainly do.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”