Features question

Woody44

Features question

Post by Woody44 »

I am considering upgrading from FreeOffice to SoftMaker Office in order to have the Document Map function available. Most of the additional features of SoftMaker Office Pro compared to SoftMaker Office Standard don't offer anything I need. I'm in the U.S. and I write in English, so enhanced German and research dictionaries aren't useful for me.

However: The features list for SoftMaker Office Pro includes the following:

"Create professional e-books in EPUB format"

The TextMaker module in FreeOffice 2018 exports to EPUB. Does the listing of features mean that TextMaker in SoftMaker Office Standard does NOT export to EPUB, or does it mean that the EPUB feature in the Pro edition has more features and more power than the Standard EPUB export?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Features question

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for considering upgrade of SoftMaker Office. The comparison chart is actually for SoftMaker Office 2021, in which SoftMaker Office Standard 2021/NX Home doesn't include this feature "Create professional e-books in EPUB format". SoftMaker Office Professional 2021 and NX Universal have this feature.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Thanks for responding, but you didn't answer the question.

FreeOffice 2018 Textmaker allows export to EPUB. Is there anything different or better about the EPUB export in the paid version of Softmaker Office Textmaker?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

The EPUB export is, apart from bug fixes, the same. However, starting with the 2021 version, it is reserved for the Professional and NX Universal versions.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”