Creating a link

DE605928

Creating a link

Post by DE605928 »

I am using TM18 rev S982.0109 ( in 64bit Windows 7) and don't have a 'Hyperlink' option on the 'Edit' dropdown, not even greyed out.
1) Should I get a later version of TM18?
2) As per the excellent TM18 manual, to enter links I use: Format > Link > Enter tgt name > OK.
3) I am building a 1 page PDF Introduction sheet with 30 hyperlinks to other PDF documents (no URLs). I connect all the hyperlinks and check they all work in TM18, then save as DOCX and 'Export as PDF'. In PDFxchangeViewer I check that all the links in the PDF file work before closing the saved TM18 docx.
4) Later, reading through the PDF, I want to correct a typo or add more text and reopen the TM18 docx - all the hyperlinks have vanished, leaving blue underlined text, so after altering the text I have to relink all 30 documents again.
5) I've now done this half a dozen times and it's getting tedious. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any advice, Bill
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Creating a link

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker and in which you are getting this problem and PDF so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=330&t=21154

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”