And that's why I've uninstalled Softmaker Office and returned to my previous solution :-(

PauloC

And that's why I've uninstalled Softmaker Office and returned to my previous solution :-(

Post by PauloC »

Example of a table in a doc file. produced in Softmaker Office and opened in Microsoft Office at my school.

:( I paid for Softmaker Office and tried to use it but the problems are so many that I gave up and went back to the old WPS office - much more compatible with Microsoft Office, and to tell you the truth much more elegant. I am a teacher in a Portuguese public school where Microsoft Office is used, although employees are not given licenses for use on their personal computers. I have to produce a huge number of documents and I can't waste time with formatting problems. The number of errors that the documents produced by Softmaker Office is huge and makes it impossible to use them for work, for example the backgrounds of table cells, despite being defined as transparent, become black when the files are opened in Microsoft Office, exported pdf files lose font settings, etc, etc. Other minor problems arose in Excel and Powerpoint. Using WPS I don't have any of these troubles to date. In conclusion, I paid for something that doesn't work and put it in the trash.

Bye, bye...
www.paulocorceiro.com
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: And that's why I've uninstalled Softmaker Office and returned to my previous solution :-(

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting the problems, and we apologize for the inconvenience. For better understanding and proper resolution of the problems, please share complete details of the problem with steps to reproduce and associated files so that we can check the issues at our end.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=298&t=21436
PauloC

Re: And that's why I've uninstalled Softmaker Office and returned to my previous solution :-(

Post by PauloC »

I've reported the problem in my post - I and all the people who's opening my files, get black table backgrounds when in any other office suite (MS, Open Office, Libre Office, etc). If I open them in Softmaker they are white though... Unusable piece of software for serious/business environments :-(
www.paulocorceiro.com
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

As I requested before, please share the sample file in which you are getting this problem so that we can check and resolve it for you.

I tested this on our end and found that it's working fine. Below are the screenshots from different software:

Sample file for your reference:
Table BG test.docx
(11.55 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Sample file opened with TextMaker 2021 :
Table in TM21.JPG
Sample file opened with TextMaker 2018 :
Table in TM18.JPG
Sample file opened with MS-Word :
Table in MS-Word.JPG

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”