Weird Pop-Up Message

n4aof

Re: Weird Pop-Up Message

Post by n4aof »

Apparently our beloved friends at SoftMaker have decided they don't care whether your paid for the software or paid for a subscription, they have turned it into ad-supported software that will nag you with ads for their newer products -- that isn't what we signed up for (and paid for) but clearly they don't give a damn if there is a chance they can harass us into paying them more.

Of course the main result is that many of my have just learned that we cannot trust SoftMaker. If they can start shoving their own ads at us, how much longer before they decide they can make a few extra pennies by shoving other ads at us too.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Really? We show a simple message once a week, and that is your reaction?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
n4aof

Post by n4aof »

martin-k wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:20 pm Really? We show a simple message once a week, and that is your reaction?
After many weeks of getting unwanted ads for a "beta" that I didn't want to participate in; then ads for the next version of the software, and ads for a "free" program that I have no use for, YES, THAT IS MY REACTION to being told you plan to continue shoving unwanted ads at me.

SoftMaker didn't do this before. Now you do it constantly. What can we expect next?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Again, this message appears once a week. That's it. If it bothers you that much, turn off the internal update checker in TextMaker.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”