Ribbon icons too small

caps

Ribbon icons too small

Post by caps »

Most of the icons in the ribbon are tiny, way too hard to see. This is a windows 10 laptop.
I tried changing it in settings, as suggested here: https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?t=18507 but I do not have the "Set Interface Size" Option in any settings screen that I could see.
This problem does not happen with my linux computers.
How do I fix it? Touch mode is NOT the solution, it did't fix some of the icons and it spread the ribbon across the entire screen.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Ribbon icons too small

Post by miguel-c »

That option is only available for Linux
In Windows you could go to "Windows Start Menu > Settings > Display > Make everything bigger" and then change the size of apps and text on the main display to 150% or more.
caps

Post by caps »

I do not want to make my entire computer bigger. I am already at 150%, Resizing above that makes things gigantic far too large for use even in softmaker, and it's ridiculous that the solution offered by a paid app is to magnify the entire computer.
There is no other way to enlarge ribbon icons?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please verify that you are using Ribbon interface and not classic menu by these steps :

Tools > Options > Appearance > User Interface > Select any of the top 3 ribbon options > OK > OK

OR

File | Options > Appearance > User Interface > Select any of the top 3 ribbon options > OK > OK

If the issue still exists please share a screenshot of the app showing small Ribbon icons.

Thanks
Overman

Post by Overman »

Hey, I am having the same issue with the interface. Here is a https://imgur.com/a/9341UPB screenshot.
150% Windows scale with 120% text scale. The user is having low-vision so it is critical to have easily readable ribbon panel.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team.
Overman

Post by Overman »

SuperTech wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:54 pm Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team.
Checking the status of this issue. Is there any updates on this from the development team? Our subscription for Office 364 is ending soon so we are considering moving on to the new platform and accessibility is one of the top features we need.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Work in progress. I will update here, once I will get any news from the developer team about it.

Thanks

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”