Error and file deletion while saving it

led9

Error and file deletion while saving it

Post by led9 »

Hello.
I use your programs - Textmaker and Planmaker.
My system has a RAM disk made by a program SoftPerfect RAM Disk https://www.softperfect.com/
The RAM disk looks and behaves like a regular disk, I transferred the temporary files folder to it, the web browser - everything works fine. RAM disk speed is much higher than even ssd, this speeds up programs.
My RAM disk - a drive with a letter B:, NTFS, no different from non-RAM disks except the speed of reading and writing from it.

I noticed that - when I edit a document located on this drive (B:\TextMaker.tmdx) and click the floppy disk icon to save the document - error appears "Error saving file. Disk full or unavailable" at this event the document from disk B is deleted. RAM disk have enough free disk space - more than a gigabyte.
B:\TextMaker.tmdx <-- this file is deleted
B:\TextMaker.bak <-- this file is NOT deleted
Program TextMaker does not close.
If click again the floppy disk icon to save the document - the document will be saved normally - B:\TextMaker.tmdx
that is, it saves only if there is no such document. Repeated on * .docx documents too. on Planmaker too. - ONLY on Ramdisk. In other folder/disks error not appear.

Your program is the first that did not like this ram disk - no other my program (and windows system) has ever had problems.
This behavior of your program indicates some kind of error in it, please fix it.

Windows 10 1909.18363.753 64bit, RU, FreeOffice Textmaker 2018 (rev.973.1103) 32bit
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Error and file deletion while saving it

Post by SuperTech »

Please try changing this disk from B: to E: or later and see if the problem reoccurs.
led9

Post by led9 »

I created another ramdisk - H: \
The error does NOT repeat.

But - I need drive B, and if other programs work with it, please make your program work with it too! :)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Good to know that by changing the drive letter your problem solved. I have forwarded your request to our Product Manager. :)

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”