difference between Office NX and Office 2018?

stephanosprimus

difference between Office NX and Office 2018?

Post by stephanosprimus »

A couple of days ago I accepted your offer of a free upgrade from Office 2018, which I've used for some time. The offer was provisional on my switching to a yearly subscription fee. There were no details on what the upgrade actually offered, or even what it was called. I accepted, installed it from the link you provided (entitled ofw2018_64) according to your instructions (plugging in the new product key on first use) and there is absolutely no difference between what I've been using all along, and what I went to the time and trouble to download and install.

The email you sent confirming the 'upgrade' called it "SoftMaker Office NX Universal". I really don't care what it's called, I want it to be better in some obvious ways if I'm going to start paying a yearly subscription fee for it.

Please provide me with an actual upgrade, or cancel my subscription and leave me with the same product I've used all along, which I don't have to keep paying for again and again every year.

Steve
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: difference between Office NX and Office 2018?

Post by miguel-c »

There are 2 ways of having Softmaker Office: a one-time purchase or a subscription (monthly or annual)
NX is the subscription
The advantages of NX are:
1. You can always have the latest version of the software
2. You can have it installed on Windows, Mac, and Linux without paying extra
stephanosprimus

Post by stephanosprimus »

Thank you for clarifying. I made the one time payment for Office 2018 a year or so ago, and I read somewhere that in future I can pay a small fee for each upgrade, if or when I choose to?

If so, unless I'm overlooking something it could be far more expensive for me to move to a subscription. It seems to me that the only benefit of doing so will be free upgrades, but in exchange for that I will have to pay a significant amount to renew my subscription every year.

If that's the case, please revert my subscription. I have no interest in paying a subscription fee every year when there are free alternatives on the market once I feel my one-time payment version becomes outdated to the point of being impractical.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

OK, please send an e-mail to sales(at)softmaker.de and make your request there.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”