Two Questions

n4aof

Two Questions

Post by n4aof »

I have two questions that I hope someone here can answer:

1. Does SoftMaker ever actually send the "Backup" CD that they sell as an option with their software?

and

2. Is there any way to get SoftMaker so-called "Support" to answer when a problem is posted using "Customer Support" or "Feedback" sections of the company website?

I ask question 1 because over the past few months I have purchased both SoftMaker Office and FlexiPDF. In both instances, I ordered and paid for both the software and the Backup CD. In both instances I received emails acknowledging my purchase and I received the key for each program. But despite waiting several months I have not yet received the CD for either program.

As a direct result of the above, I ask question 2 because I have attempted to contact SoftMaker so-called "Support" through the "Customer Support" function on the website and through the "Feedback" function on the website. In each instance I provided full details of the purchase, including the purchase date and the order number. So far, all attempts to contact SoftMaker have been completely ignored. I know the company still exists because I still get their regular advertisements via email, but absolutely no CD's and absolutely no response about the missing CD's.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Two Questions

Post by martin-k »

1. Of course we do. Your FlexiPDF CD-ROM was shipped to your Louisville address on 2019-05-06, your SoftMaker Office DVD on 2019-06-13. We haven't received the packages back, or we would have contacted you. Please contact sales (at) softmaker.com to confirm the address and arrange for another shipment.

2. I checked our ticket system. You sent multiple e-mails and independently several help-desk workers have closed them as duplicates because they saw "the other" message. In the end, all were closed :-( I am sorry for that. You can also contact us at the e-mail address given above; in the end, whatever way you use, they end up in the ticket system.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
n4aof

Post by n4aof »

So two completely separate CD shipments mailed more than a month apart both just happened to magically disappear enroute without ever showing up in the US Postal Service system despite the fact that you had (and still have) my complete correct mailing address on both invoices. :^o

And everyone in your entire support section thought that completely separate complaints about the problems -- including the specific different order numbers and dates were somehow "duplicates" because they came from the same customer complaining about the same kind of problem - so everyone independently decided to close the complaints without anyone thinking they ought to contact the customer? Yes there were some duplicates -- in that I posted essentially the same information in both your "Customer Support" and "Feedback" sections because there is no other way for customer to interact with anyone at SoftMaker and the way those two sections are laid out it isn't clear which of them would reach an appropriate person for a non-technical question. [-X

I see that my account now shows an order SH10119700 dated 2019-10-29, with no "invoice" associated with it -- and, of course, your system doesn't provide any way to see what any order is other than by its invoice, so there is no way for me to find out what "Order SH1019700" is supposed to be. :?

SoftMaker has fine software, but your shipping and support make this entire operation look and feel like a "business" being run by a couple of kids working out of their parents basement in their spare time.

I will email the address you provided and hopefully someone at "SoftMaker" can take a couple of minutes to actually do their job and send me the CDs that I paid for and still have not received. :evil:
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

We can only ship the CD-ROMs, and they usually arrive. Remember that we are in Germany, so there are several places along the trip where they could be held up. You should contact our sales department, and we will arrange for a new shipment.

You can contact us by support form, by e-mail, by feedback form and in our sales chat. Yes, due to an unlucky coincidence your tickets got closed as duplicates, but I can assure you that this does not happen normally.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”