Due to the migration glitches mentioned below, the location of the Documents folder was set incorrectly on the new system. Once that was changed, TextMaker started successfully; however, all configuration information had been lost (was never saved, apparently).
I've installed SoftMaker Office 2018 for windows on a new Windows 10 laptop (but see below); it will not run, and cannot be uninstalled using the Apps & features pane in Windows 10 Settings.
- When attempting to start a SoftMaker Office app, no errors are recorded or reported -- failure is silent.
- When attempting to uninstall Softmaker Office 2018, the error 'Invalid drive d:\' is returned, & uninstall exits.
Now, whenever I try to start one of the SoftMaker Office apps, I get a silent failure. Uninstall also fails as I've described above.
What I've tried so far:
- Searched the registry for SoftMaker-related keys where the value includes a reference to D:.
- A way to completely & safely uninstall SoftMaker Office, so I can reinstall from scratch. OR:
- A way to fix the problem.