A-Z or Z-A

BBfromCA

A-Z or Z-A

Post by BBfromCA »

Recently purchased SoftMaker 2018 for Windows. I am trying to figure out how to automatically alphabetize a list in Textmaker. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
elmonopascual

Re: A-Z or Z-A

Post by elmonopascual »

Hi BBfromCA.

You have the AZ tool (Order text / table) in the paragraph section of the Home tab.
Alternatively from the menu: Edit / Order...
BBfromCA

Post by BBfromCA »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
As you can probably tell, I'm not very computer savvy. At age 72 I probably never will be. I do very much appreciate your help.
Best regards. :)
BB
elmonopascual

Post by elmonopascual »

You are welcome! Glad to help. :D
smWordGirl24

Post by smWordGirl24 »

Hello!

Brand new here. I am fairly computer savvy, but I suddenly can't FIND the SORT feature... I mean, it use to be there; where'd it go? :(
Is there any known reason for it to disappear? What can I do?

Thank you so much.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Are you working with classic menus or with ribbons?
smWordGirl24

Post by smWordGirl24 »

Classic menus or ribbons.... I guess I hadn't noticed a big enough difference to realize they were a different animal! :) It appears as though I have ribbons. I'm not in Microsoft Office - I'm in SoftMaker TEXTMaker documents.... just wanna be sure of that point. I haven't been able to use Office since my last laptop took a dump. I prefer to OWN a local copy of it and have yet to procure such s/w.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

If you work with ribbons, you will find the A-Z icon for "Sort text/table" in the "Home" ribbon, section "Paragraph". It will be greyed out until you have selected the whole text or part of it with the mouse for sorting.
smWordGirl24

Post by smWordGirl24 »

Nope!

That's my point. It has disappeared...... ? Any thoughts or known issues?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

smWordGirl24 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:45 am Nope!

That's my point. It has disappeared...... ? Any thoughts or known issues?
You are using FreeOffice 2021 which does not have this function in TextMaker. I do not see a trace of you owning the commercial version, SoftMaker Office, but if you have that, you should install it instead.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
smWordGirl24

Post by smWordGirl24 »

How, pray tell, can you tell what is on MY laptop? :shock:

Yes, I have the free version. I had the free version on my other laptop before it died too, but it had the option to SORT! ??? Why would they remove that? :( And how, then, can I get the previous version that DOES have it?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

This function existed in FreeOffice 2016 but was removed in FreeOffice 2018. Please consider that this is a free software. It is up to the provider to decide which features they will offer free of charge. If you want to use the full feature set, you will have to choose the paid version.
smWordGirl24

Post by smWordGirl24 »

Hello Jossi:

I'm capable of understanding that. My interest is in the fact that I HAD the feature, and now I do not. My laptop took a dump, and I had to reinstall the program. I was not aware which version I had. I just needed SOMEthing for word processing since my PREVIOUS MS Office was super out of date. :( Am I able to GET the 2016 free version? If I had money to PAY for it, I'd get MS Office. I mean, if I HAVE to, I'll just type such information in a spreadsheet and sort THERE first. ugh

Thank you to anyone who can answer my question.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”