tiny scrollbars

oldperv

tiny scrollbars

Post by oldperv »

I have just installed the Anniversary Update of SMO 2018 and I am sad to report that the scrollbars are still minuscule and almost impossible to use. When, if ever, is this going to be changed so that the width of the scrollbar can be customized? It's such a nuisance trying to work the existing tiny scrollbars.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: tiny scrollbars

Post by miguel-c »

I, my scrollbars look pretty normal to me. Could you please send us a screenshot of your program window?
oldperv

Post by oldperv »

If you look at the enclosed screenshots you will notice that the scrollbars are barely visible.

While I am at it, perhaps you can tell me if I am the only one reporting that the Anniversary Upgrade had resulted in a serious slowdown of the program. It used to open almost immediately but now takes about 10 seconds!
Attachments
TextMaker screen.JPG
Presentation screen.JPG
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, your scrollbars appear to have the normal size. However you fonts and icons are big, which leads me to presume that your screen has a high resolution 1920x1080 px, but a small size (probably way less than 24inches). That may be the reason why you think they look tiny.
oldperv

Post by oldperv »

changed my resolution to 1600x900 and that helped alot. Also increased everything else, so great for my old eyes.
Thanks.
Folgore_202

Post by Folgore_202 »

That seems to be an issue with everything... Apart from some games, nothing seems to be optimised for 1920x1080px, I've got a computer that can display such resolutions but never use it because of that...
ericscoles

Post by ericscoles »

Scrollbar size is a serious problem. When you say they're "normal", presumably you mean they display as designed. But on my convertible laptop, the scrollbars are so narrow they can't reliably be actuated by touch.

Bottom line is that your designed width is too narrow in some display configurations. Presumably you're not using standard Windows controls, because they're narrower than the scrollbars in other software, & do not change size when Windows display settings are changed.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”