Paragraph line spacing

colonel_panic

Paragraph line spacing

Post by colonel_panic »

Hello

At work, I need to write a legal document which has very specific formatting. I can make a good copy with Textmaker, but it would be really useful if I could do the following two things without fiddling with font size and paragraph spacing.
  • The final paragraph of the document must have at least a paragraph from the rest of the document in front of it, so it shows it was part of the document.
  • The rest of the paragraphs should have spacing between them that prevents a blank space at the end of the page.
Is there any way to make the paragraphs fit like this?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Paragraph line spacing

Post by Jossi »

I am not quite sure if I got this right:

1. Does this mean the last paragraph must not stand alone on the last page, so that there are at least two paragraphs on the last page?
2. Does this mean that between (all) paragraphs there should be a spacing big enough to make the last paragraph on each page stand at the bottom of the page with no blank space left beneath?

If so, the first issue can be helped by setting the cursor in the second to last paragraph, going to Format > Paragraph..., tab "Text flow", and checking "Keep with next".
As to the second issue, this must be done manually, because number and length of paragraphs are different on each page. I could put a text box on each page and set in text box properties, tab "Inner text", the vertical alignment to "Justified", but this affects the spacing of every single line, not just the paragraph spacing.
colonel_panic

Re: Paragraph line spacing

Post by colonel_panic »

Step 1 sorted it! Thank you!

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”