Document Exchange Windows -> Android?

design_fort

Document Exchange Windows -> Android?

Post by design_fort »

Hi all,
I'm using Softmaker Free Office 2018/Texmaker on a Windows PC and Softmaker TextMaker HD Basic for Android which I purchased. I need a solution for Text documents 100% interchangeable between my PC and my Android device. When I create a document on the PC in Textmaker, the Layout changes significantly on the Android version, despite the same fonts being used on the PC and the Android device.
It comes especially apparent with longer texts and the Android version of Textmaker seems to run the fonts slightly different. Enough to change the layout with longer texts.

Is there a way to embed the fonts in the Textmaker document to have 100% compatibility between the platforms? If not, what fonts are 100% interchangeable?

Thanks in advance!
Herbert
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Document Exchange Windows -> Android?

Post by sven-l »

You have to make sure that the same font is installed on both machines (PC and Android). Sometimes a font have the same name in Android but is still a bit different from the PC font. You can copy the necessary fonts from the Windows fonts folder (C:\Windows\Fonts) to the Android fonts folder. That should make sure that always the same fonts are used.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”