Programs will not open

virgosfire

Programs will not open

Post by virgosfire »

Suddenly none of my office 2018 programs will open. They flash to open then nothing. I have tried opening them through the desktop icon, going to the program to open, and clicking on a document to open. Then I uninstalled and re-installed the program. Still doesn't work. I am running Windows 10 and I know my system updated the night before and I haven't been able to open anything since. Help!!!!
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Programs will not open

Post by miguel-c »

I have forwarded your problem to the developers.
Anyway, other forum users are welcome to provide any feedback.
G.R.H

Post by G.R.H »

Try right-clicking on the .exe file and choose 'Run as administrator'. I have had similar problems and this has done the trick - most of the time :)
basiadora

Post by basiadora »

I've installed FreeOffice (a friend recommended it to me as an excellent replacement for expired Microsoft Office). Unfortunately, I have the same problem - whether I click on the shortcut icon, the .exe file directly (open as an administrator) or try to open a document with it - nothing happens, none of the FreeOffice programs run. Uninslalled, updated Win10, installed again - still the same.

Help, please!
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Please try the following steps:

1. Find and uninstall SoftMaker Office in the software list in the Windows control panel
2. Check if there are remaining SoftMaker Office folders and delete them:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\SoftMaker
3. Delete the folder "SoftMaker" under "My Documents" in your Windows (that will delete the personal settings)

4. Download cCleaner free from https://www.ccleaner.com/, and run a Custom Clean and a Registry clean
5. Restart your computer
6. Install the latest version of FreeOffice from softmaker.net/down/freeoffice2018.msi

*Please note that "AppData" is a hidden folder.
byronit

Post by byronit »

Textmaker will not longer open on my windows 10 64 bit home version. Yhe only solution i have is to i run the executable in compatibility mode for windows 8
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Since when it is not working? Is this Windows 10 fresh installation or an upgrade?
eyeBit

hello, how can i solve this problem?

Post by eyeBit »

hello, how can i solve this problem with this page showing? eyeg
patrick_

Post by patrick_ »

It's 2023, and thanks for this thread. The programs still can't open without being run as an administrator (Windows 10 x64).
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post, but this is very old forum, after which there were many windows and SoftMaker Office updates.

Please update your Windows and SoftMaker Office, restart computer and then check.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”