FlexiPDF Unexpectedly Mangles Documents

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FlexiPDF 2017.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

gor1515

FlexiPDF Unexpectedly Mangles Documents

Post by gor1515 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:57 am

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate assistance with the following problem, which seems fairly serious to me. It seems that FlexiPDF can cause some text to disappear unexpectedly and irretrievably.

1. Use FlexiPDF to open the user manual for TextMaker. Scroll to page 610, which lists keyboard shortcuts. See Figure 1.
Figure_1.png
2. With the Text Edit tool selected, click anywhere on the page.

Most of the images of the shortcuts, on the right side of the page, disappear. A warning message appears (See Figure 2), which reads:

"Some of the text has become invisible due to a clip region. Do you want to delete the clip region now to reveal it? If you press "No" use the Object Select tool to reshape or move the clip mask then resume editing."
Figure_2.png
3. At this point, the images of the shortcuts are gone forever. See Figure 3. I've tried to select "Yes," but to no avail. I've tried to select "No" and move the clip masks, as well as delete them, but I was never able to retrive the lost material. I was careful not to save the file in this state, of course.
Figure_3.png
I've encountered this behavior in other docuements as well; it seems that certain types of text, and not others, are susceptible to the problem, but the danger is enough to make me leary of using FlexiPDF.

I have just started to use FlexiPDF, which I like very much (I've used other editors before), and I would greatly appreciate help with this issue.

Thank you for your time!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: FlexiPDF Unexpectedly Mangles Documents

Post by sven-l » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:27 am

I can reproduce that issue here and will inform the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

gor1515

Re: FlexiPDF Unexpectedly Mangles Documents

Post by gor1515 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Thanks for your help, Sven.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2017”