How do I undo steps taken in FlexiPDF? And how do I insert my signature in a form? (Partly solved)

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FlexiPDF 2017

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

ecbritz

How do I undo steps taken in FlexiPDF? And how do I insert my signature in a form? (Partly solved)

Post by ecbritz » Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Please tell me how to undo a mistake made when editing a pdf with FlexiPDF 2017. When I take the wrong step, I don't seem to be able to undo the step so I can rectify it and try again.

Also, how do I insert my signature where it is required in a pdf form, often in a very small box or space? I suppose I could do Object > Image and insert a picture of my signature where it is asked for, carefully resizing the image by pulling its handles. But this looks faked, especially where the signature is supposed to casually cross the lines of the form.

(The problem seems to be partly solved in the discussion that follows.)
Last edited by ecbritz on Thu May 24, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

nameispalmer

Re: How do I undo steps taken in FlexiPDF? And how do I insert my signature in a form?

Post by nameispalmer » Mon May 21, 2018 2:30 pm

This very thing keeps me frustrated too. There is the undo option for sure, but its place is unknown at least for two of us. This application definitely needs some fresh update in order to make some basic things more convenient for a great number of users. But don't know a thing about adding a signature: on my previous job we were adding them via this tool pdffiller.com so I got used to doing it in that fashion. But nevertheless, against all the odds Flexi is an excellent editor, so there is this option in here for sure

ecbritz

Re: How do I undo steps taken in FlexiPDF? And how do I insert my signature in a form? (Partly solved)

Post by ecbritz » Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks for responding! There is no reference to "Undo" in the User Manual or any Undo Tool, so I suspect there is no such function. There must be another way to rectify mistakes made, while editing and after editing a pdf.

Regarding the insertion of one's signature... In the case of Textmaker -- dedicated to word processing -- you can superimpose (paste) a png-picture of your signature with a transparent background. The transparency of the background allows the signature to overflow the lines of for instance a table. I have not discovered a method of superimposing (pasting) such a picture onto a pdf with FlexiPDF. What usually happens, is that the transparent background turns black. Perhaps it can simply not be done with a pdf editor.

Might it be possible to enlarge the box where the signature is due, so you can fit in a larger signature with a non-transparent (e.g. white) background?

(The "undo" problem seems partly solved in the posting that follows.)
Last edited by ecbritz on Thu May 24, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

ecbritz

Re: How do I undo steps taken in FlexiPDF? And how do I insert my signature in a form? (Partly solved.)

Post by ecbritz » Wed May 23, 2018 11:22 pm

Regarding "Undo"... There are a few ways to rectify a mistake made, as far as I can see at this point.

Let's suppose you drew a line using the Draw Tool, and the line needs to be removed.

While you can still edit the line and can see the editing "handles", simply press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to remove the line.

Once you have drawn the line, and it is not selected any longer -- with no editing "handles" to be seen any longer -- click on the Object Tool (found in the Edit Toolbar). With the Object Tool activated, click on the line drawn. It will be selected, i.e. ready again for editing or deletion.

The same principle applies to a text box. If you click on a text box with the Object Tool activated, the box will be selected and can be deleted or edited. You can also click on the text inside the box and change the text.

If you mess up your job, you could always close the pdf you are editing without saving the mess. That way you can start afresh. Any other "Undo" advice will be appreciated.
Last edited by ecbritz on Thu May 24, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How do I undo steps taken in FlexiPDF? And how do I insert my signature in a form?

Post by sven-l » Thu May 24, 2018 8:23 am

ecbritz wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 pm
Please tell me how to undo a mistake made when editing a pdf with FlexiPDF 2017. When I take the wrong step, I don't seem to be able to undo the step so I can rectify it and try again.
Most actions cannot be undone in FlexiPDF. What can be undone can be found in the PDF manual on page 63.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu May 24, 2018 8:24 am

ecbritz wrote:
Also, how do I insert my signature where it is required in a pdf form, often in a very small box or space? I suppose I could do Object > Image and insert a picture of my signature where it is asked for, carefully resizing the image by pulling its handles. But this looks faked, especially where the signature is supposed to casually cross the lines of the form.
Yes, you have to insert an image of your signature.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

ecbritz

Re: How do I undo steps taken in FlexiPDF? And how do I insert my signature in a form? (Partly solved)

Post by ecbritz » Thu May 24, 2018 2:10 pm

The legality or contractual power of identical copies of a signature transferred to an unlimited amount and diversity of pdf documents must be contestable in court. Every instance of an individual's handwritten signature differs, to some degree, from the preceding and following instances. Every real, handwritten signature is unique. Perhaps a once-off handwritten signature should be scanned and inserted in a pdf document, with the original, handwritten copy retained should the authenticity of the signature be contested in court. Such measures of course not necessary if the document's legality and binding force is not a matter of serious concern.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

ecbritz

Post by ecbritz » Mon May 28, 2018 4:58 pm

sven-l wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:23 am
ecbritz wrote:
Most actions cannot be undone in FlexiPDF. What can be undone can be found in the PDF manual on page 63.
Notes about what can be undone in FlexiPDF cannot be found in the PDF manual on page 63, I'm afraid. I attach a picture of part of page 63. Where in the PDF manual can I find notes on what can be undone?
Attachments
Page 63.JPG
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2017”