Align objects created using Text Plus tool

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FlexiPDF 2017.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

VLMin

Align objects created using Text Plus tool

Post by VLMin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:22 am

Greetings!

I am completing a government form (a U.S. passport application). The form does not contain fillable fields, and we just heard that FlexiPDF cannot create them. So I attempted to use the Text Plus tool to enter data. The tool attempts to guess where to place the text box, and at least for this form, the guesses are not great. Next, I attempted to place the text boxes manually, and they don't really line up with the tool … again not great. As a result, several data fields on a given line of the form (e.g., last name, first name, and so on) are not aligned vertically. Finally, I thought to select the text boxes — which appear to be graphical objects on the page — either by lassoing them or by using ctrl-click to select them incrementally. Neither attempt worked.

Presently, I am assuming that there exists an answer and that I simply do not see it. What am I missing?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Align objects created using Text Plus tool

Post by sven-l » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:52 am

A better support of forms is on the wish list for the future.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

VLMin

Post by VLMin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:40 am

I see, thank you. In this, the product seems to be years behind the curve. But all in good time. :)

And, what I'm really asking here is about alignment of objects, not about forms support. I see no way to add a few objects to a document and then align them systematically.

Der Hammer

Post by Der Hammer » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:38 am

It has been months since this question was first asked, with no answer. Doesn't SoftMaker monitor these issues and provide answers? I can't believe that something so simple can't be done in Presentation. It's super easy in PowerPoint, but I have not clue with SoftMaker. I just bought this product and I'm very frustrated with the lack of support. Even a search for "help" would be fantastic!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:04 pm

VLMin wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:40 am
I see, thank you. In this, the product seems to be years behind the curve. But all in good time. :)

And, what I'm really asking here is about alignment of objects, not about forms support. I see no way to add a few objects to a document and then align them systematically.
According to the manual:
https://help.softmaker.com/flexipdf2019 ... nment.html
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “FlexiPDF 2017”