Confused about document history feature

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FlexiPDF 2017.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

VLMin

Confused about document history feature

Post by VLMin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:40 am

Greetings!

I observe the following:

1. FlexiPDF offers no tabbed interface; every document opens in what is apparently its own process (in Windows, anyway).

2. Within each FlexiPDF window/process, a list of recently viewed documents appears at the bottom of the File menu.

3. Each such list appears to be limited to whatever has been opened/viewed in that window/process only, not in FlexiPDF overall. That is, the lists differ from one window/process to another.

I've been using computers since the mid-1970s, and I don't recall seeing something like this, at least not in decades. Is it really the case that each window/process maintains its own recent files list, independent of all the other FlexiPDF windows/processes? If it is, then given the nonexistence of a tabbed interface, the recent files list seems to me to be of rather limited utility. I mean, the only way to view multiple, related documents is in separate windows/processes.

Am I missing something here, a setting, perhaps?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Confused about document history feature

Post by sven-l » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:55 pm

1. Yes, there are no document tabs available for FlexiPDF. That's on the wish list for the future.

2+3: I am not sure if that is intended or not. I will refer your feedback to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

VLMin

Re: Confused about document history feature

Post by VLMin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:39 am

Thank you!

Return to “FlexiPDF 2017”