Formatting Date Cells as MM/DD/YYYY

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice PlanMaker 2016 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

rlecessi

Formatting Date Cells as MM/DD/YYYY

Post by rlecessi » Wed May 31, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello,

LOVE PlanMaker! Quick Question: Date cells are formatted DD/MM/YYYY.
Is it possible to format the date as MM/DD/YYYY? If so how?

Thanks!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Formatting Date Cells as MM/DD/YYYY

Post by sven-l » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:11 am

Please change the regional settings of your Windows. PlanMaker uses the Windows settings for the date and currency format.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

chickenthr33

Post by chickenthr33 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:04 pm

sven-l wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:11 am
Please change the regional settings of your Windows. PlanMaker uses the Windows settings for the date and currency format.
I'm not sure where you got that from...my PC region is set to USA/Eastern Time Zone and I cannot get PlanMaker to use usa date formats. It randomly does for 1 spreadsheet that I have, but not another I created in Excel.

These apps are great, if they'd just fix the annoying things like this that would immediately rule it out for production environments. This is a simple option and all I find are complaints about it dating back nearly 2 years and yet....still no option to fix it?

chickenthr33

Post by chickenthr33 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:42 pm

I thought I already replied but I don't see it now, maybe they need to approve my first post or something so I apologize if this ends up a double post.

My PC is set to USA and Eastern Time Zone. When I open a spreadsheet I created in Excel, it changes the date format to European style. Nothing I do will change this and yet when I downloaded a CSV file from my credit card statements, it works like it should and leaves it as USA format.

I don't know why anyone would have their PC set to a region they don't live in, so I'm not sure why you'd think that was the cause but that's certainly not the case with me.

It's a shame because I really like the interface options (I'm oldschool, I hate the new Office layout) but little things like this would rule out using this in a production environment. I was hoping to save money on a new install but ultimately I ended up bending over and buying Office 365 for each employee.

I'm hoping by next year this will be a worthy successor and I will transition clients to this. Office is simply too expensive for basic word documents and spreadsheet.

Return to “FreeOffice PlanMaker 2016 for Windows”