Proposal of multiple opening for documents

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Suono & Computer

Proposal of multiple opening for documents

Post by Suono & Computer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:10 am

Good morning, I have noticed that opening multiple documents with TexMaker Free, they overlap in the only open program. If it succeeds, I think it would be more convenient to allow TextMaker to open multiple folders ie have multiple open documents under the taskbar so that you can also double-screen two textmaker documents (one to the right and the other to the left ) to be able to compare. What do you think of this idea? Thank you.
Suono & Computer channel on YouTube

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Proposal of multiple opening for documents

Post by sven-l » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:12 pm

It is not yet possible to open multiple instances of the same program in FreeOffice. I will refer your wish to our product management.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Robin Holt

Post by Robin Holt » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:26 pm

As Sven says, it's not possible to have multiple instances of Textmaker running at the sane time, but it is possible to tile documents side-by-side and examine and edit them. Open multiple documents individually and then use the Windows=>Tile Windows command. The documents will be shown next to each other vertically. This may give you what you are looking for.

Suono & Computer

Post by Suono & Computer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Ok, thank you
Suono & Computer channel on YouTube

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2016 for Windows”