Center images

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2016 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Suono & Computer

Center images

Post by Suono & Computer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 pm

Hello, I'm trying to insert any image inside a A4 page just that I can not center the image. This moves anywhere on the page by dragging it with the mouse arrow, although I insert the "centered" option. Thank.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt281paunNVexCa23zB8cow?view_as=subscriber

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Center images

Post by sven-l » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 am

Please insert your picture via Menu=>Object=>New Picture Frame. Now you can move it around with the mouse. This does not work if you insert it via Menu=>Object=>New Picture.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Suono & Computer

Post by Suono & Computer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Thank you after a few tests, I understand how to do it. Thank you.

Suono & Computer

Post by Suono & Computer » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:28 am

These days I'm writing text with TextMaker by inserting pictures. During the processing of the text, I make several changes and moving the text, it happens that the centered images remain fixed at that point. This involves a number of issues, as the text rotates around the figure, losing the placement of the image within the context of the script. Now, this problem resolves in "converted to Embeddeb Object" but this funzone does not allow you to center an image. Could you simply use the "Paragraph Alignments" to move an image to the three main points? Left, in center and right, keeping the image in line with the text? This would greatly help make the positioning of the image much faster and keep it in line with the text when moving or changing the text itself without ever having to convert an image into an object frame by lengthening the working times of a ' image. How about? Thank you.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:08 pm

You may either insert an image as a picture (Object > New Picture...) or as a picture frame (Object > New picture frame...). In the first case, the image is treated just like a single text character – it keeps its relative position inside the text and flows with the text, you can define its size but not its exact (absolute) position. When you insert a paragraph break before and after the image, making it a separate paragraph, you can change its position to left, center or right using the paragraph format, but it is not possible to have text beside the image (this is more or less equivalent to "Text wrapping: line" in the layout options for picture frames).
When you insert an image as a picture frame, you have all options to exactly define its position, but it may be a bit more complicated to get just the result you want. If you want a picture frame to flow with the text, then in Object Properties, tab "Layout", you must choose "Object > Move with text" and "Anchor: Fix to paragraph" and the horizontal and vertical position must be "Relative to paragraph“ (not "Relative to page/page borders").
For a more verbose explanation, you may want to have a look at the attached document in this posting.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2016 for Windows”