invalid document

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2016 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

murrayg

invalid document

Post by murrayg » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:07 am

I have been working on an extended document for the last couple of days and went to save it using ctrl-S. Everything seemed to freeze up at that stage and I had to reboot the computer to progress the exercise. I had previously saved it in .doc format but note that this time there is a file saved in
.tmd format. There is also a .bak format file saved as well. When I try to reopen the .tmd format I get an "invalid document" message. I have also tried to open the .bak file and get the same message. How can I recover these files? I certainly don't want to spend another two days retying them. I have Textmaker on a windows 10 machine. I get the same response when I try to open the files usin a linux version of Textmaker.
Thanks

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: invalid document

Post by sven-l » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:39 pm

Could you please send us that file, so that we can have a look at it (forum (at) softmaker.de)? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

LynnRose7

Re: invalid document

Post by LynnRose7 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 pm

I have the exact same problem. I as well have been working on a proyect for days. Could you resolve it? If so, please let me know how! Have a good day. Thank you in advance.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2016 for Windows”