Can I use ZabriskieScript Regular for commerical products? How do I pay for licensing it?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for SoftMaker fonts.
MarcW

Can I use ZabriskieScript Regular for commerical products? How do I pay for licensing it?

Post by MarcW »

Hi,

I wish to use ZabriskieScipt Regular on some commercial merchandise like ceramic Mugs.

I believe its designer works at SoftMaker. Can anyone tell me how I can purchase a license to use it commercially, either on its own or perhaps in a package of fonts? (As cheaply as possible).

Alternatively, if this isn't possible, are there any free fonts I can use on my proposed merchandise that are very similar to this font?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Woody44

Re: Can I use ZabriskieScript Regular for commerical products? How do I pay for licensing it?

Post by Woody44 »

Have you looked at Florence, Karlskrona, and Limoges in the Megafonts NOW collection?
lgsl

Re: Can I use ZabriskieScript Regular for commerical products? How do I pay for licensing it?

Post by lgsl »

ZabriskieScipt Regular was part of the old MegaFonts XXL. IS no longer available in the current MegaFonts NOW.

There is a ZambriskeScript in the "Elegan Script" font pack. You may want to check that one.
https://www.softmaker.com/en/script-fonts
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

lgsl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:58 pm ZabriskieScipt Regular was part of the old MegaFonts XXL. IS no longer available in the current MegaFonts NOW.

There is a ZambriskeScript in the "Elegan Script" font pack. You may want to check that one.
https://www.softmaker.com/en/script-fonts
It is there, but it doesn't include web fonts, and the license does not allow it to be used for making e-books (EPUB). With so many people doing e-books these days, I can't understand selling a font package that doesn't permit the fonts to be used for e-books.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Is there any response to this discussion from SoftMaker?

E-books are the wave of the future for independent ("indie") authors. I know personally, and I know of through a writers' forum to which I belong, many writers who have published many novels each, and only through Amazon Kindle or Apple iBooks. They sell all their books as digital content only -- they don't even bother trying to publish printed books.

With all due respect, in today's publishing environment a font or font collection whose license does not allow its use for e-books is completely useless. E-books is "where it's at." I hope SoftMaker will revise its licensing structure to allow use of all your fonts in publishing e-books.
Last edited by Woody44 on Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, it's not possible, but I have forwarded this request to our product management...

Return to “SoftMaker Fonts”