Install non SoftMaker font in Linux SoftMaker

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for SoftMaker fonts.
KRF4313

Install non SoftMaker font in Linux SoftMaker

Post by KRF4313 »

Subject sounds confusing, but I am using Linux SoftMaker. I want to install a .ttf (Palatino Linotype) into my SoftMaker. I already installed it in my Linux Mint (20.1) into my Fonts folder and Libre Office recognizes it, but not SoftMaker. How do I get SoftMaker to recognize the already installed font?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Install non SoftMaker font in Linux SoftMaker

Post by SuperTech »

Instead of just pasting the font file in the folder, please open the file and click on the install button to actually install the font. After this SoftMaker Office will be able to use this new font.
KRF4313

Post by KRF4313 »

The font is already installed, in one of the fonts folder. Libre Office "finds" it and can apply it. SoftMaker 2016 does NOT find it.
KRF4313

Post by KRF4313 »

I figured it out. Here is how to do it. Go to Home directory, then usr/share/fonts/truetype. (This is of course if you are downloading truetype fonts) Right click in open space and click "Create Folder." Name the folder whatever you want, then copy your downloaded fonts you got from the internet into that folder. It was ONLY when I did this did SoftMaker "find" the font. Must be something in the code that makes SoftMaker not look in the other Mint folders storing fonts.

Return to “SoftMaker Fonts”