How to install new fonts

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for SoftMaker fonts.
bluemax

How to install new fonts

Post by bluemax »

Hi, I just wanted to know how to install new fonts. I got an email today from SoftMaker, and clicked the link that allowed me to download a new font.
I wanted to know where I need to copy the font to in order to be able to use it.

Thank you.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How to install new fonts

Post by miguel-c »

1. Go to your Windows Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts
2. Drag the font to that window.
bluemax

Post by bluemax »

Great, thank you.
rjljp

Post by rjljp »

I have the same question, but for Mac.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

rjljp

Post by rjljp »

Got it.

I thought there might be a special procedure for SoftMaker Office.

Thank you.
jtreagan

Post by jtreagan »

I have the same question, but for Linux. How do I install this font so I can access it from TextMaker?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

You can install fonts in Linux or any other operating system by opening the font file and click on the install button, that way SoftMaker office will also able to access them.

Thanks
Aliyaaii

Post by Aliyaaii »

bluemax wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:31 am Hi, I just wanted to know how to install new fonts. I got an email today from SoftMaker, and clicked the link that allowed me to download a new font.
I wanted to know where I need to copy the font to in order to be able to use it.

Thank you.
Hi guys
As a same for me
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

SuperTech wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:42 pm You can install fonts in Linux or any other operating system by opening the font file and click on the install button, that way SoftMaker office will also able to access them.

Thanks
I have an older computer running Debian Linux, kernal 5.10 with the LXQt desktop. This doesn't work. There is no "Install" button. And right-clicking on the name of each font file doesn't offer the option to install the font.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Woody44 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:57 am I have an older computer running Debian Linux, kernal 5.10 with the LXQt desktop. This doesn't work. There is no "Install" button. And right-clicking on the name of each font file doesn't offer the option to install the font.
Please refer to your operating system specific article like this: Fonts - Debian
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

SuperTech wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:30 pm
Woody44 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:57 am I have an older computer running Debian Linux, kernal 5.10 with the LXQt desktop. This doesn't work. There is no "Install" button. And right-clicking on the name of each font file doesn't offer the option to install the font.
Please refer to your operating system specific article like this: Fonts - Debian
Thanks, but that doesn't help. Even though I am logged in as root, I am unable to perform the first step -- copying the fonts into the /usr/share/fonts directory. It works on another computer, but not on this one.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

In that case, I think there is some operating system level glitch and operating system level troubleshooting or operating system upgrade is required.

Return to “SoftMaker Fonts”