2 simple requests

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

tkinami

2 simple requests

Post by tkinami » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:20 pm

When a blank space is deleted when "Track Changes" is "on", no mark appears to show that the change has been requested. In most word processors, a strikethrough mark appears above the space, so that it looks like a hyphen (-) in the color of the tracked changes. I hope this can be added.

The number for a footnote/endnote appears in the main text as a superscript. Text typed before or after that number should take the formatting of normal body text, not a superscript. Most word processors do this correctly. However, in Textmaker anything typed beside a footnote number becomes superscript. Please fix this.

Thank you!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: 2 simple requests

Post by sven-l » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:16 am

tkinami wrote:1.
When a blank space is deleted when "Track Changes" is "on", no mark appears to show that the change has been requested. In most word processors, a strikethrough mark appears above the space, so that it looks like a hyphen (-) in the color of the tracked changes. I hope this can be added.
That issue seems to only occur in TextMaker for Linux but not in the Windows version. I informed the developers to have a look at this. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:24 am

tkinami wrote: 2.
The number for a footnote/endnote appears in the main text as a superscript. Text typed before or after that number should take the formatting of normal body text, not a superscript. Most word processors do this correctly. However, in Textmaker anything typed beside a footnote number becomes superscript. Please fix this.
Sorry, but I do not see a problem here. Set the cursor left or right from the superscript number in the text and again the paragraph style "Normal" (for the standard body text) is active. Could you please send us a sample file together with a step-by-step instruction what you exactly do to forum(at)softmaker.de? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

tkinami

Post by tkinami » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:02 am

Many thanks for the quick reply!

The problem with typing normally formatted text beside a superscript occurs only when "Track Changes" is turned on.
It happens with ordinal superscripts ("1st", "2nd" etc.) as well as footnotes/endnotes.
Also, when a footnote is moved with "Track Changes" on, the original footnote text is not deleted as it should be; instead a new footnote number is added and the text of the footnote is duplicated. Thus the number of footnotes increases, when it should stay the same.

Tracking changes while editing footnotes/endnotes is essential for research articles, so I hope these bugs can be cleaned up.

Less-important, but still a bug: Printing to PDF with tracked changes produces a PDF with floating red boxes in random locations. Perhaps they are meant to be aligned with the tracked changes? I can provide a sample if you are unable to reproduce this.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:18 am

tkinami wrote:Many thanks for the quick reply!

The problem with typing normally formatted text beside a superscript occurs only when "Track Changes" is turned on.
It happens with ordinal superscripts ("1st", "2nd" etc.) as well as footnotes/endnotes.
Also, when a footnote is moved with "Track Changes" on, the original footnote text is not deleted as it should be; instead a new footnote number is added and the text of the footnote is duplicated. Thus the number of footnotes increases, when it should stay the same.

Tracking changes while editing footnotes/endnotes is essential for research articles, so I hope these bugs can be cleaned up.
I tried it with track changes on but still cannot reproduce that issue. Please send us a sample file to forum(at)softmaker.de. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:19 am

tkinami wrote: Less-important, but still a bug: Printing to PDF with tracked changes produces a PDF with floating red boxes in random locations. Perhaps they are meant to be aligned with the tracked changes? I can provide a sample if you are unable to reproduce this.
Yes, please send us sample file (PDF file and original text file) to forum(at)softmaker.de. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

tkinami

Post by tkinami » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:17 am

Thank you for the reply. I will send them now.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:03 am

tkinami wrote:1.
Our developers solved that issue. It will no longer occur in the next service pack.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Linux”