General questions and answers about SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:51 pm
Running SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux under Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia 64-bit I was affected by tiny fonts on the menus and dialogs. The suggestion at viewtopic.php?f=199&t=11378&p=41378#p41146
did NOT work but it set me on the right path.
The solution IS:
- go to Tools > Options > Appearance
- click on the User Interface Size button
- play with the controls size and font size adjustment until satisfied (each time you change the settings, it will offer to restart, accept that by clicking OK
Everyone will have a different preference (chacun à son goût). I found that the Large controls are a little too large, whereas the Normal controls with a very large font setting (you set it by moving a pointer along a bar), will work very well.
I'm still learning this software and there are things that are not intuitive. That's life!
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:43 am
this suggestion does NOT restore the overall theme size of the controls.
My screen is so large, that I can't use the program easily.
see my dilemma below.
- SoftMaker Team
- Posts: 2959
- Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:57 pm
- Location: Nürnberg, Germany
This is definitely not the default setting of SoftMaker Office. You must have changed the scaling in Tools > Options > User Interface Size. Go there and change it back, or delete the *.ini files in your SoftMaker Office settings folder.
SoftMaker Software GmbH