programming autofilter

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for BasicMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

rfrank1234

programming autofilter

Post by rfrank1234 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:00 pm

I want to program an autofilter for a five column range. My goal is set automate the process of the setting the sort criteria. I want to sort on on Column "C", the third column in the range, and filter out all rows that do not include a value equal to a given constant integer.

Here is my code:

pm.Application.ActiveSheet.Range("A1:E367").AutoFilter 3, "=5"

In this case I am trying to display only the values of the third column equal to 5. Unfortunately, this code runs, but does not work as I expected.

What is the problem?

Thanks,

Ryan

rfrank1234

Re: programming autofilter

Post by rfrank1234 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:11 pm

pm.Application.ActiveSheet.Range().AutoFilter method is broken. The logic in the autofilter method does not work correctly. The pmAnd works when two criteria strings are passed, but it acts like an Or function when a single criteria is passed. pmOr acts like an AND function with a single criteria is passed. In addition, it fails to filter an equals value, for example Criterial1 = "=red" or Criteria1 = "red". Either case does not filter data correctly.

Please send this information to the Softmaker developers, so they can correct the issues with the Range.Autofilter method.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:57 am

Thank you! I will forward this to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:53 pm

The problem has been solved and should no longer occur with the next service pack.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “BasicMaker 2016 for Windows”