Macro recorder

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for BasicMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

lynnec

Macro recorder

Post by lynnec » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:21 pm

I have a bunch of macros from Microsoft Word, and I can't do anything with them in Softmaker. It's driving me nuts, and it could drive me away from the program.
I love Textmaker. It does everything I want, except for one thing.
Please, please do something about the macro situation. I have no idea how to write a macro from scratch, and none of the samples make any sense to me.
I don't mind re-recording the macros, but I can't write them. I've tried. I've tried copying and pasting my VBA macros and trying to sort out the bugs, but that's impossible as well. I don't have time to learn the language, and even if I could, there is no clear tutorial that I can find.
So if you could do a macro recorder, that would be excellent. I could spend a day re-recording them, and have them in Softmaker. At the moment I'm going back to an old copy of Word that I have, and doing the macros there, but Microsoft will stop putting out bug reports soon, and I'll have to uninstall my copy, or risk an infected computer.
If you don't want to do a VBA importer, as I've read numerous times that you plan, a macro recorder would be a good half way house.
Here's what I want to do, and it's simple, but necessary to my work. I want to take a document and either change the color of the font of a list of words, or to highlight them.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Macro recorder

Post by sven-l » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:04 am

I will refer your wish to our product management.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Brianfut

Macro recorder

Post by Brianfut » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:11 pm

I am trying to output the contents of the UndoBuffer as a really basic macro recorder, to print out the details of manual operations to the message log or text file to make it easier to understand how to create scripts.

Using visual studio to inspect CamBam.dll, I find that UndoBuffer._state is a protected List<UndoBufferRecord>, which may hold the details that I am looking for...

I tried to access it using the Python code:
Code:

Return to “BasicMaker 2016 for Windows”