New Installation (replacing Mozilla)

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Thunderbird for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Richard500

New Installation (replacing Mozilla)

Post by Richard500 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:42 am

I have been a Thunderbird user for ever! So decided to install Softmaker Thunderbird as a result of an article in a computer magazine. However, having installed the product my exiting Mozilla Thunderbird installation has remained unchanged, in fact the download was titled Mozilla? I am at Mozilla version 45.1.1 currently. So, do I need to uninstall the "old" version and then install the "new" Softmaker 45.1.1 version ?

Thank you

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: New Installation (replacing Mozilla)

Post by sven-l » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:29 am

There is no need to uninstall your Thunderbird. If the SoftMaker Office setup detects an existing Thunderbird installation on a PC, it will only install the Add-ons but not Thunderbird.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mar75

Post by mar75 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:14 pm

It seems like you do have to uninstall Thunderbird if you want the SoftMaker version to install. I experienced the same problem with Thunderbird already installed. The SoftMaker install simply added the lightning extension which by the way prevented my laptop from sleeping. So what is the best way to move forward? Uninstall Thunderbird and rerun the SoftMaker install?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:08 am

In your case, it could be the best solution, yes. Does it work out for you?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Thunderbird for Windows”