Import Google calendar not done

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Thunderbird for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

johnwbennett

Import Google calendar not done

Post by johnwbennett » Fri May 22, 2015 12:12 am

The import from eM client didn't import my Google contacts and Calendar.
This does not look very straight-forward at all. Unless I'm missing something, I now have to go on to Thunderbird forums in order to find out how to import Google Calendar and Contacts. The supplied package is incomplete. It requires addons to do basic things.
It was very easy with eM Client and I'm going to keep using this until this is sorted.
Thunderbird looks quite disjointed by comparison.
I was previously happy to leave Outlook and recommend others to do the same. This does not appear to be the case anymore.

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Import Google calendar not done

Post by Jim-J » Fri May 22, 2015 11:28 am

Hello,
Is the extension "Provider for Google Calender installed? It should be installed by default.
If not you can download it here and try again: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbi ... -calendar/
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

johnwbennett

Post by johnwbennett » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:05 am

Sorry for no reply on this.
I don't really know my way around this stuff. I'm really buried in software development work and don't have resources to investigate any further at the moment.
Just glad that eM Client is left installed as this has been totally trouble free for me.
Textmaker etc looks great!
Thanks
John

johnwbennett

Post by johnwbennett » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:08 am

Upgraded to v.38. Still doesn't import Google Calendar and Contacts. eM working fine with these on several machines.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:41 am

You can easily import the calenders and contacts in Thunderbird:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/us ... e-calendar
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

johnwbennett

Post by johnwbennett » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:23 pm

All good now. Thanks!
But would suggest that all guidance and addons should be within the software and environment provided by Softmaker.
Maybe some will be put off by having to enter the Thunderbird community in which they have no interest - as good and erudite as it may be :-)
John

Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Post by Michael Uplawski » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:50 pm

johnwbennett wrote:But would suggest that all guidance and addons should be within the software and environment provided by Softmaker.
Veto.
Or not Veto.
If the software hat is shipped with (imposed by) an office-package does systematically exclude Google-stuff, I may actually give the question some attention. For the time, you just scare me.
People should go where they are not supposed to go, say what they are not supposed to say and stay, when they are told to leave.” (Howard Zinn)

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:17 pm

There was a hiatus in responses here between July and November. And in the meantime, our eM Client import filter learned how to import Google calendars and task lists.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Thunderbird for Windows”