Crashes and styles

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Presentations 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

oblivion

Crashes and styles

Post by oblivion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:50 pm

I'm currently preparing a presentation on my Windows 10 64-bit laptop, with 8Gb RAM and no shortage of disk space. v763.1207, according to help/about.

I've drafted the presentation with the simplest possible layouts -- 5 slides, all have notes panes, slide 1 has one text area, 2-5 have a title and a text area. If I use styles to experiment with changing colour schemes, Presentations crashes. No helpful information, just Windows says it's stopped working.

I have found that it only seems to have problems in notes view: in slides view I can change styles without a problem.

Any ideas? I'm temporarily going to prepare my notes in Textmaker and ignore the facilities in Presentations -- it's only a script and on paper is better in this case anyway -- but this feels to me like a bug...

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Crashes and styles

Post by sven-l » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:14 am

Just send in the crash report with an exact step-by-step instruction and sample file that lets us reproduce the crash here. Then we can solve the issue. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

oblivion

Post by oblivion » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Sending a sample from a crash report is proving difficult -- it invokes my email program in an odd mode and then doesn't seem to do anything.

But I've taken my file, deleted all the slides I wouldn't want to share, leaving just one slide, and tried the same process again -- switch to notes view and pick a format from the right hand sidebar -- and it crashes again.

Is there a crashdump file somewhere I can email outside of the "correct" crash report form?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:08 pm

oblivion wrote:Sending a sample from a crash report is proving difficult -- it invokes my email program in an odd mode and then doesn't seem to do anything.

But I've taken my file, deleted all the slides I wouldn't want to share, leaving just one slide, and tried the same process again -- switch to notes view and pick a format from the right hand sidebar -- and it crashes again.

Is there a crashdump file somewhere I can email outside of the "correct" crash report form?
After every crash Presentations should ask you to send the crash report (it's a .zip folder). Just send the zip folder to support(at)softmaker.de without the file. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Presentations 2016 for Windows”