Directx transitions failing in windows 10

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Presentations 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

JohnbCallander

Directx transitions failing in windows 10

Post by JohnbCallander » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:06 pm

I had these working fine until latest update of Softmaker Office, or there abouts, in time (couple of weeks ago) now I get no transition other than powerpoint ones. I do know it it only works in .prd files.

The transitions in question that I was using were balloon and page turn but seems to be the same for all direct x. Just do not seem to clear so can restart with direct x ones. As far as I remember - it was working until I saved one working one to pptx format. However the original .prd does not work

I also get problems copying slides - it causes a fault in my Spartan clipboard which started around the same time.

The attached you will see directx transitions in it and only ever saved in .prd but they do not work on my two Windows 10 pcs.

Has Windows 10 update done this by removing DirectX?

John
Attachments
Problem Directxmple.prd
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 258 times

LanceGary

Re: Directx transitions failing in windows 10

Post by LanceGary » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:44 pm

A PC World article says that DirectX 12 is included in Windows 10, but that you may need to update drivers to use it.

JohnbCallander

Post by JohnbCallander » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Now just reloaded Softmaker Office 12 and have no problems with the transitions - so there is very likely, if not certainly, an issue causing this in the last upgrade to Softmaker Office 16.

I hope you can get it fixed very quickly, as for Presentations, it is one of the things that sets it apart from other presentation programs.

John

JohnbCallander

Post by JohnbCallander » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:29 pm

I have now found it might be to do with the default resolution - the DirectX only seems to work with this set to default in the options. However I was trying to get full screen. I never had this type of problem with windows 7 - So there must be a change of some sort brought about by Windows 10.

This is going to need some extra help screens to resolve conflicts for future use. :idea:

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:21 am

I cannot reproduce that issue here. In your file I can see the book (Direct X) transition which you selected for your slides in Windows 7 64bit and Windows 10 Professional 64bit with all available updates. I created some new presentation files with Direct X slide transitions and all is fine in Windows 10. Does anyone else have the same problem in Windows 10?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bwst
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by bwst » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:48 pm

Is DirectX enabled in Presentations?

To check: Menu/Tools/Options -> System -> "Enable DirectX support"
Bodo Wöstmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

JohnbCallander

Post by JohnbCallander » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:04 pm

It appeared that the problem was caused by what setting the Screen resolution is set at. If anything other than 'current resolution' defaults it to Powerpoint transitions.

Took me quite a while to spot the core issue. Now works the way I wanted. :D

Return to “Presentations 2016 for Windows”