Softmaker very slow to save documents

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Presentations 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Mark Davies

Softmaker very slow to save documents

Post by Mark Davies » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:27 am

I'm using SM Presentations on a Linux computer at home and a MS laptop at work. I find the Linux version is better, but I wonder if MS doesn't like coping with files created or modified on another platform. I find any effort to modify the file on the MS laptop is limited by the horrible time it takes to save the files, particularly if they have any large graphics in them. I'm talking about waiting minutes.
Mark Davies

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Softmaker very slow to save documents

Post by sven-l » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:35 am

You mean that Presentations for Windows takes much longer to save files with large graphics in them than Presentations 2016 for Linux?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Mark Davies

Post by Mark Davies » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:26 am

Yes, considerably longer. Also Presentations for Windows can only delete one slide at a time, which is a hassle.
Mark Davies

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:06 am

Could you please send us a sapmple file to forum(at)softmaker.com to test the slow saving issue here?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

clifford949

Post by clifford949 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:39 am

I'm having same issue and I work with small documents. When I first started a month ago, didn't notice anything. Seemed to save changes quickly.

In the last few days either automatically or when I depress the save icon I have to watch a progress % go from zero to 100%. Is fairly quick but when you get used to instantaneous response (as it's always been for me) it's a bit tedious to get slowed down like this.

Return to “Presentations 2016 for Windows”