Setting the default print range.

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

snowshed

Setting the default print range.

Post by snowshed » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:11 am

It seems I cannot get this feature to work. No matter what I try, the entire worksheet will print, not the cells I've selected for printing.

On page 193 of the printed manual, under Print Range, 3rd paragraph, it says "By default, this input field is empty, ..." What input field is being referred to?

At the end of the Print Range section, page 194, the manual describes using steps to select and print a range of cells. I cannot get the method described there to work, the entire worksheet is printed.

There must be something I've missed.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Setting the default print range.

Post by miguel-c » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:25 am

Hi, is it possible you have the option "Ignore print range" enabled in the File > Print dialog?
See attached animated video
print range.gif

snowshed

Re: Setting the default print range.

Post by snowshed » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:16 am

miguel-c wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:25 am
Hi, is it possible you have the option "Ignore print range" enabled in the File > Print dialog?
Hi, Miguel,

Thanks, that's the problem.

It never occurred to me the settings were in those two locations. In my mind, they belong under the Format Menu.

This is one of those areas where there is no right or wrong, just done differently than a particular user might expect.

I would suggest a complete rewrite of this section of the current manual to better explain how this works. One problem I've noticed about contemporary manuals and help files is the information tells the usera feature is available, then does not tell the user where it can be found or how to use it.

It's like the jack in my car. The owner's manual tells me where it is, but not how to get it out and use it under my car. :D

Return to “PlanMaker 2016 for Windows”