- to edit an existing Excel comment ... RClick the cell object -> Edit comment
- to show the Excel comment ... RClick the cell object -> Show comments (which shows all comments on the active worksheet
- it is a few years since I used Excel 2003, I hope my memory has not failed me
In Excel 2003 I wrote a macro with custom shortcuts to avoid using cell RClick menu
- Create a new Comment or if it already exists edit the existing Comment ... Shift+F2
All new comment and editing comments were auto resized to fit the Comment's text
Comment frame would auto-resize to the text
- Existing comments in active cell were toggled show/hide ... Ctrl+Shift+F2
My macro did not show/hide all comments on the active sheet, only the comment in the active cell (or selected cells)
- macro was in a Global Addon (XLA file), so applied to all open XLS files
I am using free "Plan Maker 2016"
Q1: how do I access code editor ?
Q2: should I be using XLSX files instead of XLS ?
Q3: or must I use a PRO version of Softmaker ?
MS Office with Ribbons was the last straw for me, I prefer toolbars. In the meantime I have used Open Office and Apache Office but in my experience they are both unstable. SoftMaker is an experiment, so far it is looking good.
Thank you in advance
I am an old dog ... learning new tricks and hope to revive some of my XLA macros.