lost font choices after generic printer install.

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

roger@cigol.com

lost font choices after generic printer install.

Post by roger@cigol.com » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Planmaker 2016 on Windows 10 64 bit pro.
Been running ok for some weeks.
Today I installed a generic (text only) printer (Epson FX80 on a usb to parallel port convertor lead). This may be a coincidence (or not!) but now when I open planmaker it defaults to a very small font size (need to use 200% zoom to read it). Also the only available fonts are "Device font 10cpi", "Device font 12cpi" and "Device font 17cpi". (I think it is defaulting to using the 10cpi option).

Windows 10 Control panel shows all the fonts present.

When I open Textmaker 2016 all the fonts are available as usual.

Hope there is a quick fix to get it back to being the wonderful bit of s/w that it is. It's much more useful when I can read it !

Regards, Roger

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: lost font choices after generic printer install.

Post by sven-l » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:42 pm

This is a very special printer driver that does not support fonts. There is no way this printer driver can print fonts, and that's why our software does not offer fonts with this driver.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

roger@cigol.com

Re: lost font choices after generic printer install.

Post by roger@cigol.com » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Thanks for your reply

The problem may have been related to the printer installation (I have an old app that outputs text down the parallel port to this parallel printer). But it was not specific to the printer. The fonts all disappeared in the list of available fonts when I opened up planmaker such that the only default font available was very small and it was very hard to even read the spread sheet. Since the original post I also noticed that the formats available as options were also all missing (the list in the "select cell style" pull down box was empty).

However: I have since downloaded and installed the latest (and final) upgrade to Softmaker Office 2016 and it has all magically started working again.

Regards Roger

Return to “PlanMaker 2016 for Windows”