Rearrange the order of paragraph styles

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

snowshed

Rearrange the order of paragraph styles

Post by snowshed » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:36 pm

As I work with creating some custom paragraph styles, I wish I had done things differently so that my custom styles were all grouped together.

Is there an easy way to reorder the way the styles are listed? Drag and drop, copy/move, something I haven't found?

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Rearrange the order of paragraph styles

Post by Jossi » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:26 am

When you uncheck "Display hierarchically" in the sidebar, paragraph styles are sorted aphabetically. By renaming styles you may regroup them.

snowshed

Post by snowshed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:54 pm

Jossi wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:26 am
When you uncheck "Display hierarchically" in the sidebar, paragraph styles are sorted aphabetically. By renaming styles you may regroup them.
Thanks, Jossi, but that didn't work. :(

At least, it doesn't give me what I'm looking for.

I have set the styles to show Styles in Use.

There is the root, and the root leads to 2 branches, Heading and List Paragraph.

I want to start a new branch, called Snowshed. I apply Heading 3 to a line, but I make one change to Heading 3.

How do I save my modified Heading 3, call it Snowshed Heading 3, and have it be attached to the new Snowshed branch?

Renaming a heading style changes the order of the headings, but does not put it in a new group.

Things seem to be tied to the parent of the style you started with. How do I break that link and put it where I want it?

Unless, I'm missing something.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Oh, now I see what you mean. In this case, just go to the sidebar, click "Organize" and then "New..." (or "New from text..." if you have already selected a paragraph with the desired formatting). Name the new paragraph style "Snowshed" and click OK. In the next dialogue box, go to tab "Style". The dropdown list below "Based on..." will also contain "Snowshed". By selecting this, you start a new branch at root level.
To attach existing paragraph styles to this root, select the paragraph style in the sidebar whose affiliation you want to change, click "Edit...", go to tab "Style" and change "Based on..." to "Snowshed".

snowshed

Post by snowshed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks, Jossi.

Exactly what I want to do.

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”