Can't apply Background Color On TextMaker

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

TrollSaw

Can't apply Background Color On TextMaker

Post by TrollSaw » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:51 am

:o I just downloaded this program and can't change the background color. There is no option in the color tab. It says it's there by page 71 of the instructions. It says Auto, but I cannot change it. Help Please. Will someone please tell me how to change the background color. Both sides of my 6 x 9 Flyer is complete. I don't want white as my background. How do you do it?? 8)
Thank you,

TrollSaw

This is "SoftMaker FreeOffice 2016 for Windows" Is this why??

NOW!! I bought the SoftMaker Professional Up Grade: It's the same thing. The background color tab is still not there. Only AUTO shows up. I just don't get it. ](*,)

Jossi: I did what you said and it sorta worked. I just said, I'll buy the up grade, thinking it would be simpler. hmm, I guess not. :roll:
Last edited by TrollSaw on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Can't apply Background Color On TextMaker

Post by Jossi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:43 pm

Yes, for the page background function you will need the full version of TextMaker. But there is a workaround in FreeOffice:
1. Go to "View" and select "Master pages".
2. Go to Object > New Drawing > Rectangle (or click the rectangle in the icon bar) and draw a rectangle the size of the whole page.
3. Go to Object > Properties..., tab "Filling", choose "Solid Colour", select the colour you want as background or define a new one via "More colours...". Then go to tab "Layout" and select "Behind text" (second from right) in "Text wrapping".
4. Go to "View" and select "Standard".

TrollSaw

Post by TrollSaw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:24 am

TrollSaw wrote::o I just downloaded this program and can't change the background color. There is no option in the color tab. It says it's there by page 71 of the instructions. It says Auto, but I cannot change it. Help Please. Will someone please tell me how to change the background color. Both sides of my 6 x 9 Flyer is complete. I don't want white as my background. How do you do it?? 8)
Thank you,

TrollSaw

This is "SoftMaker FreeOffice 2016 for Windows" Is this why??

NOW!! I bought the SoftMaker Professional Up Grade: It's the same thing. The background color tab is still not there. Only AUTO shows up. I just don't get it. ](*,)

Jossi: I did what you said and it sorta worked. I just said, I'll buy the up grade, thinking it would be simpler. hmm, I guess not. :roll:

Update: Well, I found out how to change the background: Go to Format the select Page Background. How simple was that =D>

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:42 pm

TrollSaw wrote:Update: Well, I found out how to change the background: Go to Format the select Page Background. How simple was that =D>
But this was in the full version of TextMaker, not in FreeOffice, wasn't it?

TrollSaw

Post by TrollSaw » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:10 am

Yes, it was Full Version. I guess in a couple of weeks, I can upgrade to SoftMaker Office 2018 as that was stated to me. I'm getting to like this program. :-D

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”