Starting where I left off[SOLVED]

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

vikingson

Starting where I left off[SOLVED]

Post by vikingson » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Textmaker doesn't appear to be able to open a document where I left off even after making changes and saving the docx document. Is there a setting for this or does Textmaker not do this?
Last edited by vikingson on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecbritz

Re: Starting where I left off

Post by ecbritz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:07 am

With respect, what you are saying does not make sense. When you save a document, the latest editing done on it should be part of that document when you open it again. I suggest that you describe the steps you took to save a document, then closed the document or exited the program, and then opened the same document again. Perhaps we can then see what causes your problem. I have experienced a problem with the way MS Word displays a .docx file originally saved with Textmaker, and tend to use the .doc (Word 2003-97) format for that reason. But I have never seen the problem you describe.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Tools > Options > Files, "Return to the last editing position..."
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

vikingson

Post by vikingson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:02 pm

ecbritz wrote:With respect, what you are saying does not make sense. When you save a document, the latest editing done on it should be part of that document when you open it again. I suggest that you describe the steps you took to save a document, then closed the document or exited the program, and then opened the same document again. Perhaps we can then see what causes your problem. I have experienced a problem with the way MS Word displays a .docx file originally saved with Textmaker, and tend to use the .doc (Word 2003-97) format for that reason. But I have never seen the problem you describe.
In LibreOffice when you open a document you have been working on it automatically takes you to the last place in the doc you were working on. Softmaker doesn't appear to do that.

vikingson

Post by vikingson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:03 pm

martin-k wrote:Tools > Options > Files, "Return to the last editing position..."
Thanks! I'm guessing there is no setting to have it automatically do this when you open a doc you were working on?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Check this checkbox, and it does exactly what you want.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

vikingson

Post by vikingson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:14 pm

martin-k wrote:Check this checkbox, and it does exactly what you want.
OK, now I see it. Thank You!

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”