autotext/smarttext

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

dhlytle

autotext/smarttext

Post by dhlytle » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:10 am

Part of my use of Textmaker has aspects of a diary and task management.
I have a SmartText entry that expands to "Called and left voice message ...".
I leave space to type in the date and time.

I would love to find a way to have the date and time automatically precede the message.
I'm guessing there is no way to call a macro from within Smarttext.

On the other hand, it I worked on it, I might find a way to call a script that would put the time and date and then call the Smarttext.
Maybe I would just make the text be part of the script.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: autotext/smarttext

Post by sven-l » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:38 am

I see no solution for this as a macro is not available. I will refer your wish as a suggestion to the product management.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: autotext/smarttext

Post by Jossi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 pm

As a workaround you might assign keyboard shortcuts to the current date and time.
Invoke Tools > Customise > Keyboard Mappings... , click "Edit", then select "Insert" in the left column and "Insert date" in the right column, type a shortcut into the "Please press accelerator" field, e. g. Alt+D, and click "Add". Repeat this for "Insert time", e. g. with Alt+T. After leaving the dialogue box with "OK" and "Apply" you get the desired result by typing ALt+D, Alt+T and your SmartText abbreviation.
Admittedly, these are three hotkeys instead of one, but still easier than typing in the date and time manually.

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”