hotkey to reset paragraph properties to its style defaults (remove all special formatting)

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

leopoldus

hotkey to reset paragraph properties to its style defaults (remove all special formatting)

Post by leopoldus » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi, is there any hotkey to reset all paragraph properties to this paragraph style defaults (this means remove all special manually made formatting)?

The obvious solution for some cases is to use a hotkey, which is assigned for the specific style. But not each paragraph style always has its special hokey. Besides this will not work for several selected paragraphs, which are of the different styles.

So I would prefer any universal hotkey which will reset the current or selected paragraphs properties to the defaults of the style assigned accordingly for each paragraph.

Thanks!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: hotkey to reset paragraph properties to its style defaults (remove all special formatting)

Post by sven-l » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:40 am

You can assign a hotkey for every paragraph style (Tools=>Customise=>Keyboard Mappings=>Edit). That way you can create own paragraph styles with our desired formattings (do that via Format=>Paragraph Styles) and assign them to the selected text via hotkey.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

leopoldus

Re: hotkey to reset paragraph properties to its style defaults (remove all special formatting)

Post by leopoldus » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:14 am

sven-l wrote:You can assign a hotkey for every paragraph style (Tools=>Customise=>KeyboardMappings=>Edit). That way you can create own paragraph styles with our dsired formattings
Thank you Sven! However if you read my previous post a bit more carefully, you will find there the second paragraph too, where I have already explained the reason, why your solution does not fit to my case. (I mean the last sentence of the second paragraph: " Besides this will not work for several selected paragraphs, which are of the different styles.")

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:36 am

If you really want to remove all paragraph styles from the text and have the whole text formatted with the style "Normal" you could do this:

1. Select all text with CTRL+A
2. Cut the text with CTRL+X
3. Press CTRL+Shift+V to call the Paste Special menu
4. Select "Unformatted text"

This will paste the text with the formattings valid for the standard paragraph style "Normal".
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Alfred

Post by Alfred » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:00 am

It might be useful to have a 'Clear direct formatting' menu option. We could then assign a hotkey to it, if desired.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:07 am

Format/Standard resets the character formatting in a paragraph to the default set in its paragraph style. Be sure to select the paragraph beforehand, as it is being applied only to the selection.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Alfred

Post by Alfred » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Thanks for that, Martin. I see there's already a default keyboard shortcut for it (Ctrl+Space).
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

leopoldus

Post by leopoldus » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Alfred wrote:Thanks for that, Martin. I see there's already a default keyboard shortcut for it (Ctrl+Space).
Thank you, this is exactly what I asked for. :D When I select several paragraphs with different styles, pressing the hotkey Ctrl+Space removes all manually made changes and restore the original style formattings to every of the selected paragraphs (its own to each of the selected paragraph).

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”