Notes section for the sidebar

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

woodworker will

Notes section for the sidebar

Post by woodworker will » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:39 pm

I keep a multitude of notes in various places on my computer depending on which software program I'm using to create a document. It would be a real plus if Textmaker had a "notes" tab in the sidebar, just for text. It would be even better if I could copy from it and it would automatically paste in the default font used in the current document.

Alfred

Re: Notes section for the sidebar

Post by Alfred » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:04 am

What could you do with a Notes tab that you can't do with an ordinary TextMaker document? :?
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:03 pm

TextMaker can open plain text files and save in plain text format, so notes created or edited with TextMaker can be read by other programs and vice versa. To paste text using the font of your current document, try Ctrl+Shift+V instead of Ctrl+V.

woodworker will

Post by woodworker will » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:46 pm

When I write a document I often don't know exactly where information (sentences or paragraphs) should be inserted. This is easy with a publishing program because some of these have resource tabs where information can be stored until needed. This is why I asked for a notes tab. You are right that I can easily do these tasks in other ways. What I requested is purely a "visual" convenience. It is handy to have these extraneous notes where I can see them, and it saves me time.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:37 am

I will refer your suggestion to our product management.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”